About Us

“When one wishes to do a thing, the most one can do is try.” --Jennie Woodworth.

The Jennie Woodworth Library of White Bluff TN


The Jennie Woodworth Library officially opened its doors on June 1, 2009 and was located in what used to be the city administrative offices on Taylor Town Road. The library is named after the daughter of an Episcopalian missionary, Jennie Woodworth, who first came to White Bluff in the late 1870’s and later became instrumental in getting the town incorporated as a city. In 1905, through a nationwide network of Episcopal Churches, Woodworth was able to solicit enough donations to establish a combination school/library that came to be known as the Elizabeth House.

The Jennie Woodworth Library, likewise, has been started with the help of generous donors, including local businesses, as well as members of the general public. In March of 2015 the Jennie Woodworth Library moved to the new Bibb-White Bluff Civic Center on Old Charlotte Road and as in the past, the present library
is run on donations .

We are open 6 days a week (Monday through Saturday) and offer a wide variety of printed materials as well as many DVDs and CD-Books in both the adult and juvenile sections of the library. We have 4 public use computers in the adult section and 2 children’s computers pre-loaded with many educational games in the children’s section.

The Jennie Woodworth Library is an enterprise of the people of the White Bluff community and surrounding areas. Its purpose is to serve the educational, entertainment and intellectual needs of all who may enter. Be a part of a BIG little library.



No comments:

Post a Comment